Wednesday, June 3, 2015

shine bright



A few weeks ago my brother died.  It was hard saying goodbye.  Mostly, it has been heartbreaking watching my mom grieve.  This weekend I will be co-teaching another Grounded Yoga Module I training.  Several times I have thought about not going until I realized that it is exactly where I need to be.  Thankfully, I have people looking out for me, honoring my brothers death and allowing me time to heal.  I have a feeling this weekend will be different than the last Module I training.  I may listen more than speak.  Observe more than teach.  Either way, I am grateful for an opportunity to be with others while we learn and grow together.

I believe God designed each and every one of us in a way that we can do good in this world.  Each one of us have gifts, abilities, and talents.  I'm learning more and more about my gifts each day.  As I strive to be more mindful, embrace change, go with the flow and ground in my own heart, I must also remember to practice patience with myself.  Ease up on myself, soften around the edges and not forget why I love yoga.

Yoga teaches us to connect to ourselves and practice self-love and self-acceptance.  It also teaches us to hang in there during the hard times.  I have been blessed with the opportunity to teach and train alongside two of the most inspirational and beautiful women I know.  This weekend I will be surrounded with community, a group of compassionate and creative individuals who are hungry for change just like myself.

I am looking forward to meeting new faces.  Laughing often.  Smiling when it feels genuine to do so.  Listen intently.  Share. Shine and receive.

Sat Nam

No comments: