Sunday, January 1, 2017

Goodbye 2016... Hello 2017!



Dear 2016,

Thank you for teaching me that its okay to hurt, its okay to be weak, broken, scared and vulnerable.  Thank you for letting me know its okay to cry my eyes out, get on my knees in prayer and ask for help.  Thank you for teaching me to lean on the Lord.  Thank you for surrounding me with unconditional love and support.  Because of you, I've learned to dig deep, TRUST, soften and set aside a special time each morning for just myself and God.  Because of you, I feel comfortable raising my hands in praise and singing out loud in celebration.  I've learned the true meaning of community.  I've learned what my gifts are and the importance of using them.  I also know and understand that its both the troubles and the joys that are the Lord's gifts.

I believe good comes from sharing our personal struggles.  Not to mention if I were to only blog about rainbows and unicorns it would get real boring quick.  We are all human and we are all broken.  We all have a story.  When we are willing to share our pain and suffering, often times we are helping someone else work through their struggles.  When we allow the light to shine through the little cracks we begin to sparkle and shine.  Its a journey, but its worth it!

As I bring this post to an end, I'd like to thank all of you for allowing me to share.  God's love for my family has been incredibly awesome!  My faith has grown stronger and I am better for it.  In the New Year, my prayer for myself and my family is that peace fills in the gaps and God strengthens my faith and my marriage.  I pray for peace, good health and growth.  My hope is that God continues to use me, teach me, mold me and help me to be more present.  I wish to continue shining bright while I learn to trust in Him more day by day.  I know that God is working and He will fulfill the plans He has for my husband, my children and myself.  His image is far more astonishing than I could ever imagine!

With love and gratitude,

~ Kelley Sue

No comments: