The 6'th Annual Atlanta Yoga Conference was AMAZING!! On day one I had the pleasure in attending Faith Hunter's oh so inspiring "Embrace Your Body: Heart and Soul" workshop. Faith is such a delight! She led us through an amazing heart opening journey which included deep backbends, meditation, and mantras. I felt so much beautiful energy in this class. It was wonderful!
Next, was Brianna Norton's "Connect With The Strength of Your Core to Soar". In all honesty, I was scared to death of this class. Tripod handstand? Side crane? One-legged crane? Challenging! But, with my sister by my side and her cheering me on I knew I'de be just fine. And, I was. I met a new friend. And, I learned how to do a handstand all on my own without the support of my ole buddy, Mr. Wall supporting me. :)
Last workshop of the day... with the oh so beautiful, Sara Mingus! I had no idea what was in store for me. This was my first time ever experiencing Yin Yoga. I was pooped and ready to go straight into Savasana. But, Sara's energy and spirit radiated the room and she had me at "OM". I was ever so curious about her workshop called, "Hip-Hip Hooray!" This class was 2 hours long! Yep, that's right!! The first hour was Yin. The second, Vinyasa. The first hour was amazing!! The second hour I was exhausted! My body was very upset with me and I joked with my sister telling her, "I have never felt so abused in yoga." Of course, I was joking! LOL!! In all honesty, the energy of the room kept me going and Sara's constant connection and adjustments pushed me to keep going, feeling lighter and more balanced.
Day 2:
Gina Minyard's, "Radical Expansion: The Inner Spiral of Anusara Yoga" included several light bulb moments for me. I learned so much in Gina's workshop! We explored the "why's", the "how's", we opened our hips, found unimaginable space in some kick butt back bends, and discovered magic I never knew existed in the lower back. My great big "Ah, ha!" moment was when Gina showed us how the natural alignment of the spine. Wow!! Great big light bulb moment!
Next, the amazing Cheryl Crawford and Amy Haysman's, "Horton Hear's An Om!" workshop. We explored being deliberately wild and curiously content through Sr. Seuss' story, Horton Hears a Who. The BEST part.... I was given my very own clover!! As always, I had fun and enjoyed practicing yoga with all ages in Cheryl and Amy's Grounded Yoga class.
Last, Swami Jaya Devi's "The Bliss of the Heart" workshop, meditation and teaching with live kirtan. Such a beautiful experience and a delightful teaching about healing the deepest realm of the heart. A perfect way to end the conference.
Thank you to everyone involved in organizing the Atlanta Yoga Conference and thank you to all the teachers. You ROCK!! It was a joy! Namaste.

No comments:
Post a Comment